Dead Reckoning’s Mission Statement is to encourage literacy as a component of a positive lifestyle. It is in this vein that we are pleased to announce our next Online Writers Workshop - Refining the Short Story with John Dailey.
The DRC Online Short Story Workshop will take place this Fall with 12 participants, over the span of seven weeks on Google Classrooms. Juried participants will be selected on the basis of a fiction sample, no longer than 5 pages, that will be evaluated by the editors of DRC and the instructor of the course.
- Fiction submissions will be read from August 12 to August 23.
- Literary Fiction only. No genre fiction.
- Please submit work in English only.
- Five page maximum for submission.
- Previously published work is okay, but if you are accepted to the workshop we ask that you choose to work with a polished, unpublished story.
- $20 reading fee per entry. Please note: If you are selected to participate in the workshop, this will be applied towards the cost of workshop.
- All submissions must be made via Submittable.
- International submissions are allowed.
- Please double-space your submission and use Times New Roman 12 pt. font.
- Do not include any identifying information on your submission.
- Please include a brief cover letter with your submission.
- Dead Reckoning Collective Online Writing Workshop submissions are open to all writers.
The course instructor and the editors of Dead Reckoning Collective will select 12 writers to move forward to the DRC Online Short Story Workshop in the Fall. Notifications will go out to selected participants on or around September first.
This online workshop will allow you to work closely with a Creative Writing instructor and other writers as we dive into the craft of the short story - character development, plot, structure, point of view – while challenging each other in readings, discussion, critical workshops, and generative sessions. We will also discuss the process behind editing and publication.
More information on the workshop will be given to those selected.